The Account Manager will report into the National Account Manager and will act as the primary point of contact for customers within outer London up to and around the M25 for a growing branded drinks business.
The successful candidate will partner closely with customers to ensure orders are placed and are received on time. You will be comfortable monitoring and reporting on customer buying trends to the Sales and Production team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is eager to maintain and grow our accounts!
- Proactively partner with customers to manage expectations, ensure orders are placed and product is received.
- Maintain clear, timely communication with customers.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with your customer base.
- Schedule and attend meetings with key contacts.
- Identify suitable pubs, bars & groups that do not stock the products and converting these to stockists.
- Educate our customers on our products to maximise sales.
- Track and report customer buying trends to Sales and Production management.
- Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and data entry into SAP.
- Represent the company at promotions, tastings and special events.
- Conduct waitstaff/bartender educations.
- Ability to work nights/weekends as needed.
- Seek out beer related educational opportunities and keep up to date by reading industry publications.
- Up to date understanding of tax legislation and compliance procedures.
- Other duties as intermittently assigned by your manager.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Results oriented experience, with a minimum of 1 year of on-trade sales experience in the food and beverage industry
- Strong sense of urgency
- Well-developed communication and people skills; effective on an interpersonal level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong judgment and maturity
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Solid time management skills with ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and our brand!
- Driving license essential