Our Client, one of Europes leading food processors, are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Engineering Manager based in Clones, Ireland, to provide leadership and drive production efficiency across their site. This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about engineering and the leadership of large engineering teams.
This role is an integral part of the Engineering team ensuring both business and customer expectations are met, by supporting the Engineering Manager in maintaining department standards, and the day-to-day management of the engineering team. Working closely with operations and site management to ensure key target outputs are reached, as well as ensuring optimum performance is achieved from plant and equipment, whilst contributing to improving production efficiency. Provide leadership and expertise by driving engineering standards across the site.
- General and Task Management
- Support the engineering function aligning with the site engineering strategy and annual engineering departmental targets
- Liaising with operations manager to ensure smooth running of production and attending daily meetings to review
- Assist in assigned long-term preventative maintenance programs and projects
- Develop and maintain relations between Engineering and other departments
- Supervise installations
- Modify processes to enhance operation productivity
- Review equipment failure & OEE trends to then implement continuous improvement actions and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement
- Support the mentoring, coaching and development program of the team, liaising with the training & HR departments Lead high standards of safety practices across the business
- Assign, train, develop and supervise work of engineering within retail processing, to include promoting the use of the CMMS system.
- Work with and help develop new and existing KPIs
- Manage and contribute towards continuous improvement projects
- Support site technical issue resolution and completion of improvement actions through good engineering practices and guidance
- Ensure high standards of engineering workmanship and housekeeping across the site incorporating 5s processes
- Identify and share best practice and contribute towards raising awareness, improving performance and transitioning to a pro-active engineering culture
- Manage workload planning, labour utilisation through CMMS
- Support the development of CMMS
- Completion of reactive maintenance work when machinery breaks down to ensure impact of line efficiencies is minimized
- Ensure best value and cost-effective use of resources to ensure efficiency on site
- Weekend site management – site services, contractor control, supporting and liaising with senior management team
- People Management
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Review, implement and update company records e.g., training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware
- Personal specification
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Support encourage and develop team and take ownership for team cohesion
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Is self aware
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Has an adult to adult, collaborative approach with others.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- Input into Group Engineering and provide feedback, information and help develop SOP’s.
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.