To work in partnership with the Manufacturing Sites, Suppliers and Customers to accelerate financial delivery, protect the business from risk and transform supplier led innovation, whilst developing a world class team. Having an in depth understanding of all manufacturing needs working hand in hand with the Business Procurement Managers/Controllers. Setting the Category Strategy based on a full understanding of manufacturing needs. Acting as a collaborative partner to the manufacturing sites to respond to and resolve escalations.
- Negotiate overall best terms; ensuring that the supply base and product meet the necessary business objectives [financial, technical, customer]
- Have a deep understanding of supply base costs.
- Develop robust, long, medium- and short-term plans and provide the group with an accurate financial forecast to enable businesses to forecast effectively and to work closely with the business procurement managers to execute implementation plans.
- Develop formal category strategies that demonstrate complete understanding of the spend cube, a deep knowledge of the needs of the business and a robust understanding of the total supply market.
- Ensure documented and vigorous risk management strategies are in place, with a supporting action plan to minimise the likelihood and/or impact of negative events or maximise the realisation of opportunities.
- Undertake quality market intelligence gathering to enable group procurement to build a stronger position in negotiations, managing risks and making better informed sourcing decisions in key category areas. This intelligence obtained will support the business in maintaining a competitive advantage and will enable us to become partners of choice to our customers with whom this intelligence will be shared.
- Constantly challenge the business with the latest external thinking on responsible, environmental and ethical best practice. To ensure that the category is procured from appropriate sources and there is an understanding of the impact of environmental, economic and social factors along with price and quality.
- Ensure robust contingency plans are in place, and are sufficient to manage rapid demand changes, supplier failure, product risk, commercial risk and force majeure.
- Ensure appropriate supplier segmentation and from that, the correct supplier management which could involve everything from joint strategies, top to top meetings, supplier scorecards and integrated processes.
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly effective communication & presentation skills
- To be able to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent Supplier relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to maintain professional relationships.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives them forward
- Clear rationale to decision making and a reasoned approach in recommending strategic action and when to escalate
- Confident and collaborative approach in building good working relationships, willing to listen to and involve others
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively between tasks
- Microsoft Computer literate (either to Internal standard or Advanced level) with specific knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to manipulate and provide insight from large and varied volumes of data.
- Willingness to travel, extensively within the UK, with occasional overseas.
For more information please get in touch.