We are looking for an experienced Category Manager to provide leading Category Management support to retailer partners across fresh food categories. Working for a multi site chilled food manufacturer you will develop and drive category plans, based on a thorough understanding of market performance and customer behaviour. Develop true expertise and use this knowledge to work in partnership with retailer stakeholders to ensure the category meets the changing needs of customers, giving the retailer and the business opportunities for growth.
- Be passionate about our business, our food, customers and our relationships with retailer partners
- Improve category and customer understanding. Utilise a broad range of data analysis and market insight tools to build expert knowledge of the category and customers.
- Ensure a clear vision and plan is in place to meet the needs of customers and deliver short, medium and long term category growth for the business and its retailer partners. Be bold and ambitious with recommendations.
- Build plans to support retailer partners with the management of product range, promotions, customer communication and execution across different retail channels.
- Clearly communicate regular category updates to the business and retailer stakeholders. Be clear in how performance relates to objectives and how to adjust the plan where required.
- Be a leading voice in shaping the product development and innovation plan.
- Collaborate with commercial, product development and operations teams to drive growth initiatives.
- Build collaborative relationships with relevant retailer stakeholders to help strengthen our existing partnership.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Passionate about working within the fresh food retail market.
- Positive, bold and ambitious approach.
- Experience of working within a Category Management function.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to derive insight from complex data sources.
- Attention to detail and creativity to deliver new ways of working.
- Experience of using market data.
- Confident decision maker and strong communication/influencing skills.
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with all levels internally and externally.
- Strong and engaging presentation style – clearly linking insight to recommendations.
A typical week is likely to be a mix of office and home based working and regular travel for retailer visits and meetings at other company sites will be required.
For more information on this role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.