A leading chilled food manufacturer in West Yorkshire are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Category Executive to assist in developing and driving category plans for specified accounts through category insight and consumer behaviour understanding. Our client offers a well invested workplace with opportunities where people can progress and develop their careers with the business as it continues to grow.
- Support category plans to ensure a proactive approach where the business leads the consumer agenda with relevant Retailers as their preferred supplier for proposed category opportunities. Contribute to plans through clear category and consumer insight. Input into NPD briefs to ensure product concepts deliver against growth opportunities.
- Liaise with the Category Marketing Manager to ensure consistency of approach and sharing of best practice between accounts.
- Monitor and evaluate Retailer category performance against Corporate RST or total category growth as relevant. Contribute to customers promotional and category range management through clear analysis and insight and assist with NPD, ranging and merchandising opportunities within this process.
- Improve category performance understanding through utilisation of available data sources. Share insights to ensure the business and its customers are informed to the best of their ability to make effective decisions. Insight and reporting will be driven from weekly EPOS where relevant along with 4 weekly market data sources.
- Track consumer, market and category trends, ensuring the business and customers are proactively informed of developments. Support the assessment of impacts from these on performance and help identify growth opportunities they present for customers.
- Contribute to consumer research projects, ensuring projects deliver to timescales, budget and that all needed stimulus is provided to achieve the maximum insight. Collaborate in the Identification and development of opportunities from projects to improve category performance and secure mutual growth opportunities.
- Support Retailers to maximise marketing opportunities with consumers via available media and communication tools to them. Ensure on pack communication opportunities are maximised through alignment to consumer decision hierarchies and insight driven product naming and supporting copy/quality reinforcements.
- Build Retailer relationships and contribute effectively to category meetings, through collaboration on the delivery of impactful presentations and effective management of projects. Communicating effectively with colleagues on project progress supporting with deliverables as required.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Minimum of 1-year experience working within a Category Management function in an FMCG business.
- Good analytical abilities and able to interpret data from multiple sources into trends, actionable insight, and opportunities with a logical clear flow within end outputs.
- Competent spreadsheet analysis skills working with large numeric data sets.
- Good presentation skills and can communicate category opportunities and reviews in an engaging and impactful way.
- Experience of using market data, (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby, SIP) and can extract relevant data and insight.
- Able to communicate effectively and hold relationships internally and externally.
- Delivers on commitments to agreed timescales.
- A self-starter able to use initiative to work alone also and work effectively in team environments.
- Enthusiastic, passionate individual with a can-do approach.
To find out more please get in touch or apply with your details today.