Overall Purpose of the Role
Focused on marketing in an electronic environment, constantly tracking competitors and staying abreast of sales comparison data. Understanding online sales goals and the needs of the customer. Managing multiple tasks at once, supervising others, and merging innovation with technology-based sales.
Responsible for reporting about income generation and recommending new promotions to increase sales. Negotiating with social media organisations for the most cost-effective way to market and promoting products and services.
Customer journey mapping and owning the path to purchase including site content, website development and growing traffic through online marketing – SEO, Affiliates and Google shopping as well as responsible for driving traffic to our customer or partner sites where relevant.
Demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, line manager and Leadership teams, in line with the company's values and overall business strategy
- Working with the Head of Marketing and Head of Sales to manage a promotions calendar and identify the relevant opportunities to drive product sales.
- Commercial management of sales onsite including alignment to brand promos, promotional plan and new product launches.
- Using digital data to develop insights that then enhance the customer journey and maximise sales opportunities.
- Work alongside our customer’s digital teams to deliver joined up activity and specifically owning the Amazon e-commerce strategy.
- Manage partnerships and affiliates that directly drive incremental revenue whilst still being aligned to the brand plans.
- Produce weekly sales reports to analyse performance and feed in to the overall marketing dashboard. Taking appropriate action where necessary to enhance sales and the customer journey.
- Manage and deliver the CRM strategy for Grenade.com and working with other partners and their loyalty schemes to deliver joint venture CRM where applicable. E.g. Tesco Club Card, Boots Advantage Card, M&S etc.
- Manage the strategy and deliver the actions for paid search and social ads which directly support ecommerce campaigns.
- Work alongside the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure that all consumer footprints have a clear path to purchase strategy.
- Working very closely with the Account Team to support their accounts with both company targeted posts as well as joint venture activation campaigns.
- Leverage data analytics and work with the category team to steer effective strategy and ensure a continuous optimisation approach to all work.
- Supporting the e-commerce strategy for international customers or guiding company partners on best practice.
- Website and customer personalisation (utilising Nosto) to attract new customers, increase customer interaction on site and across digital channels.
- Working with Head of Development to ensure that the website has up to date banners, product set up and merchandising.
- Working closely with the Operations Team to forecast order volumes, in particular around key launch, campaign or promotional periods.
- Managing third party software and partnerships to improve conversions on and off site.
- Continuously keep on top of latest digital trends and industry innovation to inspire and lead the team to ensure that the company are best in class for digital activity.
- Confident, enthusiastic and strategic with strong leadership and influencing skills
- Able to work collaboratively across the business, and to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to network effectively with our customers
- Good analytical skills
- Commercial mindset and experience of managing budgets
- Excellent communication skills & highly numerate
- Strong IT skills and quick to learn new systems
- The ability to help manage complex development projects under tight schedules
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Credible and extensive experience of leading e-commerce and digital marketing in a commercial environment - preferably retail or FMCG
- A thorough understanding of e-commerce marketing tactics
- 3 years+ Online Marketing (Paid Search and Paid Social) experience
Please contact me for further information.