Our Client are a large pet food manufacturer based in County Longford, Ireland. They are looking for an experienced Engineering Fitter to join their team.
Engineering Fitters will undertake maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all Production Machinery and Plant Services i.e. Repair of Components, Overhauls, Sensors, Steam, Air, Water, De-bugging of systems, etc.
Experience working with fluids, pumps, valves, controllers, packing equipment would be advantageous.
Engineering Fitters will play a key role in the maintenance and improvement of the Plant to achieve the objectives of World Class OEE and Maintenance Availability / Performance.
- Candidates should be qualified to Senior Trades level, or comparable European NFQ qualifications, and / or NCEA Cert. / Diploma in an Electro-Mechanical discipline. FETAC Level 6 Accreditation or equivalent but not limited to Solas apprenticeship, City & Guilds apprenticeship or higher
- Work under pressure and under minimal supervision.
- Interest or courses attended in controls, pneumatics, welding, etc.
- Safety, Documentation and GMP awareness / compliant.
- Experience of troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment.
- Interest / initiative in improving processes.
- Good writing / record keeping (e.g. maintenance reports / job cards), and communication skills.
- Excellent Team Player
- PC Literacy, basic navigation and file management skills.
- Desire to develop / improve / multi-skill.
- Provide cover during Engineering staff holidays.
- Willingness to support reasonable requests during holiday periods as is often the only time available to do extended maintenance / tasks on Plant normally running 7x24 hours.
This position is Shift based and candidates must be willing to and contract to work the Shift patterns as set out by the Company in line with Business needs.