Our client is a multinational manufacturing business with excellent opportunities for promotion and development, operating across multiple sites across the UK and Europe. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers in Europe, as well as exporting to customers globally. They have full production chain visibility, and their products are eaten by millions of consumers every year.
They are now looking for an Engineering supervisor to efficiently supervise and support a team of engineers of all disciplines on a day to day basis, ensuring consistent operational delivery through smart working and the efficient execution of their day to day tasks.
Key Accountabilities :
- To liaise with the Helpdesk and Contract Management Teams to provide excellent service delivery to customers.
- To advise and provide assistance to engineers on any technical matters.
- To improve service delivery performance and reduce costs where possible.
- To ensure SLA and KPI’s are achieved by the engineering team.
- To undertake HR process such as informal and formal discussions, investigation meetings and any other HR related issues as required.
- To carry out engineer audits which would include PPE, vehicles, tools, ladders and Tool Box Talks.
- To control all aspects of H&S in relation to all works from planning to completion
- To support the Contract Service Teams in engineering service delivery.
- Co-ordinate Engineering teams daily tasks in line with business requirements
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and operating in compliance with Health & Safety requirements?
- Update the Company Health and Safety system as required
- Liaise with the company’s training co-ordinator to keep up to date company training Matrix for the engineering team.
- Ensure that all equipment used to process product is in line with Company & Legislative Quality requirements and standards?
- Supervise the engineering function to ensure Manufacturing up-time is maximised.?
- Maintain and monitor PM system to ensure log of all works carried out including PM routines.?
- Maintain a stock of absolutely critical spares at all times?
- Maintain budget within agreed parameters for Maintenance, Gas, Electric and Chemical usage?
- Work with NPD team as required to ensure equipment and machinery are ready for smooth and timely Launch of new products ensuring equipment process etc.
- Help Identify cost saving initiatives in the areas of Material usage, Material Purchase Costs, Labour Usage and Manning Levels, Automation including plant layout and cycle time reduction.?
- Identify any business activities that could result in risk to quality of product or compliance issues, supply interruption or inadequate supply?
- Identify training or capability gaps within the operation and organise closure of the gaps through training or recruitment?
- Play an active role in the development of the company’s QMS as a Food Safety team member representing Engineering?
- Support the implementation of the company’s lean manufacturing initiative.
- Help drive Energy awareness at all levels to minimise energy utilisation?
- Liaise with the Group Engineering and procurement teams on reports and to escalate any potential problems or issues.
- To report accident, incidents or near misses to the Health & Safety Manager
Skills and Experience Required :
- Relevant trades qualification
- Experience gained in a high-volume food or beverage processing environment along with leading an engineering team
- Experience of mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment
- Aptitude for electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, troubleshooting
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Be open to cross-skilling and multi-skilling
- Ability to fault find and problem solve
- Possess a heightened awareness of health and safety
- Strong communication skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Open to new ideas and work practices with an understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information on this role please get in touch or apply today with your CV.