Our Client are leaders in their industry, they are currently seeking an number of skilled Field Service Engineers across the UK.
The Field Service Engineers are to provide professional service and support for Company customers by performing field service installation, startup, repairs and maintenance of Company equipment.
The Field Service Engineer will work within the guidelines established by Company ensuring customer issues are resolved in a timely manner and that the customer is left feeling cared for.
Reports to Regional Service Manager
- Door to Door payments
- 1.5x pay for anything before 8.30am / after 5pm
- Fuel Card
- Hotel Card
- PHC / Private Dental
- £50 p/h OT – Weekends – Door 2 Door
- Company Vehicle
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strive to ensure that the customer experience will match the Company Vision and Mission
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and working to “get the job done”, which may mean hours additional to your contractual hours of work, if instructed to do so by the Company as necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
- Whilst we will endeavour to schedule engineers to work that is as close as possible to their home location, this may not always be possible and part of the expectation of the role includes the need to travel away from your local area. This includes staying away in hotels in order to be available to support customer needs. Travel is also required to visit our suppliers for training, updates, FAT’s & the support of customer visits.
- Communicate regularly with service leads, customers, sales, field engineers, engineering and shop
- Obtain knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains Company sold equipment
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices across the spectrum of the line of equipment Company sells (processing/packaging)
- Equipment Maintenance
- perform routine maintenance on equipment and necessary training
- Identifies, analyses failures, determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy the problem
- Record Activity
- complete (job tickets) service reports, record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Update both the customer and Service Management on job completion, or at end of each day.
- Seek and obtain and retain sufficient product knowledge to ensure work is competently performed
- Active knowledge of proper tool selection and troubleshooting techniques necessary for installs and repairs and equipment maintenance
- Adhere to all safety guidelines established by both Company and the customer
Qualifications & Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or a related area
- Apprenticeship or equivalent Electro-mechanical experience preferred
- Previous experience and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and motor control circuitry required
- PLC’s with Ladder Logic knowledge, is advantageous
- Must be able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams
- Ability to read, write and understand English required
- Customer relations management skills preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Work near moving mechanical parts and high voltage
- May require prolonged and irregular working hours
- May have to deal with upset or difficult customers
- Temperature Controlled Environment (Heating & Air Conditioned)
- Manufacturing facility is often a wet/cold environment
- Exposure to all types of foods and ingredients
- Position requires daily travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and includes overnight stays as and when required.
- Noise level is moderate to loud
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; working on hard concrete surfaces
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, reaching, pulling and lifting throughout the day
- Must occasionally lift and/or move large equipment and or machinery up to circa 25kg
- Must be able to sit for long periods in a vehicle to reach job destinations
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools required on the job
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
- Must be able to quickly respond (with the hand, finger or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears
- Must be able to adhere to utilizing all PPE (personal protective equipment) and adhere to customers Good Manufacturing Practices
If you are looking for your next opportunity and for more information on these exciting roles please do not hesitate to get in touch with Ryan, or apply with your CV today.