Our client is one of the UK’s leading chilled food manufacturers. Based in the Glasgow area they are looking for an experienced Finished Product & Raw Materials Manager who has experience of working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
Responsible for the raw material and finished product quality management on site as well as the technical relationship with the allocated customers. The successful candidate will continue to build upon the strong relationships already in place by providing an effective and efficient technical service to them.
- To ensure Food Safety and Quality Standards are at the forefront of operations in line with the company strategy
- Accountable for the management and communication of Supplier Performance – communicating both internally and externally to the site teams with proactive engagement plans
- To ensure the joined up approach from goods in through to finished product – ensuring raw material acceptability through to the finished product expectations for our customers
- Accountable for the Technical aspects of New Product Development projects on site ensuring a smooth transition through to product launch
- Accountable for product quality performance reporting on site and communications in relation to quality with our customers
- Cost saving initiatives
- Raw Material Supplier Management
- Specification Management though development process
- Right First Time Approach to ensure we are not duplicating work
- Inspiring Others
- Our people and team are what make us stand out
- Building and developing a product quality team ensuring a continuous improvement mindset and proactive supplier engagement
- Managing product launch activity interlinked with NPD and Operations teams ensuring time lines for Technical Specifications and handovers are met
- Provide, by example, a planned and proactive approach to work demonstrating exceptional organisational skills, effective communication and teambuilding
- Ensure your department has an effective and close working relationship with other departments and sites across the Group
- Take the lead in troubleshooting and problem solving our systems and procedures such that we have efficient systems in place to support other departments
- All information relating in any way to how we undertake, conduct or manage our business must not, under any circumstance, be disclosed outside the business
- Ensure constructive communication across the wider Technical divisional teams across each shift
- Know the Purpose
- Customer - Customer Satisfaction needs to be at the heart of all our focus
- Reporting the technical performance of the customers, both internally and externally and ensuring relevant internal personnel are fully aware of the technical status and issues which require their input to improve.
- Provision of technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness of technical issues relating to our customers.
- Working with customers during visits and audits to providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary and proving formal responses.
- Ensuring all complaints are dealt with correctly and efficiently in a timely manner. Identify adverse trends quickly and ensure robust corrective action plans are put in place and acted upon to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Challenge the team in delivering what is best for the customer
- Have a working knowledge of the Customer Codes of Practice and specifications
- Working understanding of HACCP, Food Safety and Safe Product Design
- Own It
- Legal and Compliance - From Farm to Fork – ensuring Legal, customer and BUSINESS compliance is followed in everything we do
- Lead customer product and quality related visits on site
- Keep abreast of industry standards as well as legislative requirements in relation to product and labelling
- Ensure Team training is relevant to the need of the function regarding Quality, Legality and Compliance
- Challenge the current protocols to ensure continuous improvement
- Passion for Excellence
- Working with the wider Business Team
- Driving a Continuous Improvement culture with regards to product and process improvements.
- Manage the technical aspects of New product Development and Product Launch Processes to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Support Innovation and R&D projects related to the customer.
- Manage and develop the finished product specifications and raw material specifications team.
- Ensure reporting systems are in place with regards to the measurement and trending of product quality.
- Work cross functionally with wider Business Teams both on site and in the wider business
Behavioural Competency Requirements:
Trust & Respect
- Everyone has a voice and is valued, treat people with dignity and respect and promote diversity & inclusion.
Know the Purpose
- Understand the how & why to ensure all colleagues have sight of the bigger picture and contribute to business objectives.
- Take responsibility for how we deliver our work and ensure we focus on solutions and make responsible decisions.
Passion for Excellence
- Be your best self and always strive to be better or help others be better by championing continuous improvement.
- Be a role model by helping and inspiring others wherever possible and by leading by example.
To succeed in this role, you will be/have/display:
- Proven experience of working closely with multiple major retailers and supermarkets.
- In depth technical knowledge across a range of areas including - BRC, HACCP, Policies/Codes of Practice for key customers, Food Legislation, animal welfare and Food Hygiene standards.
- As a driven self-motivated individual with strong people management skills you will be able to demonstrate not only your ability to take the lead and make effective decisions, but also your ability to delegate and empower your team.
- Be an excellent communicator with proven interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail in a busy fast paced environment.
- A self-motivated and self-starting individual that is naturally inquisitive with a constant drive to ‘seek out’ continuous improvement
- Raw Material and finished product knowledge – specification building, development and process sign off
- Proactive communicator for effective Supplier Management and continuous improvement
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 3
- BRC V9
- Knowledge in working and application of the various Customer Codes of Practice and Customer Specification Systems
- Microsoft Packages
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.