Our client is a leading organic food producer who are looking for a qualified Maintenance Engineer to carry out reactive and pre planned maintenance on a variety machines within their Packing Centre (Grading machines and mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, pumps and shaft drives).
- Assist team to work towards maximising plant and equipment efficiency so downtime is minimised.
- Ensure planned engineering tasks are delivered on time and in full.
- Ensure good repair / manufacturing practices and procedures are followed.
- Ensure completion of planned maintenance documents.
- Work closely with production staff to achieve daily targets.
- Contribute to cost reduction initiatives to drive efficiency and process improvements.
- Machine Maintenance: Ensure that all equipment runs efficiently through reactive and proactive maintenance. Conduct PPM’s to a satisfactory standard as instructed by the engineering manager flagging and recording any faults found.
- To be actively involved in suggestions and solutions to improve efficiency of plant and equipment at the site.
- Breakdowns: To respond swiftly to any breakdown request and provide assistance to the process technicians where required.
- Health and Safety: To ensure that all work is carried out in line with legal and company health and safety rules and guidelines. To ensure that work arising from Health and Safety and GMP audits are carried out in a timely manner.
- Cost Control: To assist the Engineering Manager in locating and costing of spares and or new equipment. To work within the budget constraints and challenge prices on parts or any new equipment.
- Stock Control: To ensure appropriate contingency stock is available on shelf for all planned maintenance and flag any shortfall of these parts.
- To assist the Engineering Manager with any contract labour at the site to ensure that they adhere to the site Health & Safety best working practices.
- Take control of any emergency downtime affecting plant and machinery in the event of the Engineering Managers absence from the site
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Willing To Learn
- Team Player
- Excellent attitude and work ethic
Qualifications & Experience
- Electro-Mechanical Apprenticeship, NVQ, BTEC Level 3 or similar
- Previous experience of working within a food manufacturing / production environment
- Fundamental understanding of Mechanical Maintenance
- PPM and Breakdown experience
For more infomration on this exciting opportunity please get in touch or apply today with your CV.