Our Client is a large family-run food manufacturer based in the North West. They are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Manager to help optimise operational efficiencies & deliver the highest manufacturing standards.
To be responsible for all of the manufacturing and packing activities on site. To produce within labour and material cost standards, the planned quantity of production, to specification. Using every opportunity to maximise the efficiency of the operation and the contribution of the team, whilst maintaining standards of product and people safety. To keep abreast of changes within the Company as a whole and promote a continuous improvement environment with regard to efficiency and accuracy of the products we produce.
To demonstrate strong leadership and professionalism as a member of the senior management team ensuring strategic projects are handled appropriately.
- Manage an effective production team with specific emphasis on creating a ‘right first time’ operating system and manufacturing to an optimum efficiency.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are being followed to attain the Company’s required product quality, safety and legality from raw material preparation through to finished goods.
- Liaise closely with operation team departments to ensure process capability.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team regarding efficient production planning and material utilisation.
- Communicate efficiently with the Sales department regarding production attainment and critical production availability.
- To lead a cross functional team to deliver production stream goals.
- Achieve set targets and challenge improvement opportunities.
- Achieve lean manufacturing and set key objectives for a continuous improvement environment.
- Build sustainability through people.
- Be results driven and work with senior management to achieve cost affective opportunities.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses within your team and react accordingly with the appropriate action.
- To ensure that product is manufactured in a hygienic environment, safely and to specification in compliance with food legislation and to relevant Company Codes of Practice.
- Ensure an audit ready site at all times.
- Ensuring products are produced within the agreed specification and that any corrective action is timely, effective and documented; increased awareness of customer complaints; the appropriate traceability systems are maintained; product specifications are communicated and understood by the team; safety rules and regulations and personal and process hygiene systems are adhered to.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with the Technical departments HACCP safety systems.
- Responsible for completion of risk assessments and accident investigations and corrective actions.
- To maximise resources with respect to raw materials, packaging, labour and energy.
- Ensure the accurate recording and accounting for materials used and finished goods produced are maintained and verified.
- Identify principal areas of waste generation and implement solutions to eliminate.
- Ensure compliance to labour requirements and challenge when cost savings can be made and that adequate skills cover is maintained through effective control of absence, holidays and training, maintaining labour utilisation to its optimum level.
- To ensure that good hygiene and housekeeping practices are employed at all times.
- Ensure that plant and equipment meets defined standards of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Maintain a ‘clean as you go’ culture.
- To create a high level of motivation within your team.
- Responsible for the motivation of your team, for leading, mentoring and performance management, ensuring a working culture where people can grow, develop and succeed through coaching and training.
- To fully understand how your area of responsibility operates and identify ways to improve.
- Accountable for delivering continuously improving operating performance and conformance to plan, driving Year-on-Year cost base improvements across Manufacturing targets.
- To operate a positive release system on all raw materials.
- Ensure that all incoming packaging materials and finished products meet their specification.
- Ensure the business operates an effective system of product compliance with customer specifications and product release.
- Ensure that product on hold is communicated with the technical and sales departments and a timely action plan agreed to deal with the stock.
- Management of waste and rework
- To ensure good communications are maintained within the Company.
- To maintain good employment practices to legislation, codes of practice, Company Policy and site rules.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven Foods manufacturing experience and strong analytical skills
- Track record and passion to lead and deliver success through people
- Strong communicator and natural motivator
- Managing people in a change environment
- Experience of leading and developing diverse teams
- Experience, or understanding, of using Excellence / Continuous Improvement tools
- Experience of operating in a FMCG organisation
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- QA and Technical Teams
- Engineering teams
- Supply Planning