Our Client, a large food producer of meat & seafood products, are looking for talented and passionate people to join its Engineering team as Multi Skilled Engineers.
You will be part of a culture that values innovation, quality, sustainability, and customer satisfaction. You will also have the opportunity to work with diverse and delicious products that are sourced responsibly and sustainably from over 50 different protein sources from 5 continents. We are more than just a food company. Our Company is a place where you can grow your career, learn new skills, and make a positive impact on the world.
Our Company has a 25-year history of excellence in the food industry and provides over 500 million meals for the global market every year.
Our vision is to be the most successful food company in the world - If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career in the food sector, this is the place for you.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, the aim of this role is to maintain and repair all equipment in the relevant department. Ensuring maximum utilisation of production time.
Each department has strict standards in relation to hygiene, health & safety, environment, quality and ethics. The successful applicants will therefore be expected to behave and adhere to the highest standards at all times.
- Shifts Available
- 4 on 4 off Days or Nights
- Attend to breakdowns and undertake reactive maintenance to enable continued production
- Use and record PPM’s and breakdowns on Pirana maintenance system
- Ensure all PPM’s are up to date
- Day to day maintenance of:
- Overhead chain lines
- Packaging machines
- Strip down the machines for hygiene purposes and re-build these after cleaning
- Meat trimmer blade maintenance and sharpening
- Maintain and service temperature control equipment
- Continuous improvement of cables and panels
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the department
- Being the ambassador for the site at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers
- Undertake other jobs as reasonably requested within the scope of the job to improve the running of the department
Skills and Experience Required
- Multi skiled engineering background
- Experience of working in the food industry - FMCG desirable but not essential
- Relevant engineering qualifications – minimum Engineering NVQ or equivalent
- Ability to work unsupervised (although advice and guidance will be available where required)
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to think on your feet
- Self Motivated
- Happy to get dirty
- Strict and tight timelines for work
- Ability to work accurately & under time pressure due to production needs
- Safety Mindset
- Continuous compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.