Our client is a well established chilled food processor who supply their products into some of the UK's leading chilled food manufacturers. Located in West Yorkshire, they are looking to take on an apprentice trained or time served Multi Skilled Engineer to join their team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring all factory premises, plant and equipment are maintained correctly and safely to a good working order.
- Respond to breakdowns in a quick timely manner and complete associated paperwork.
- Pre-start production checks and paperwork to be completed daily.
- Conduct continuous machine observation and measurement during the shift, identifying potential failure or deterioration in output, waste or quality performance from machine standards.
- Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration, and either complete remedial work during shift or brief the line leader/ manager on issue, cause and recommended solution.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Policy.
- Audit works are actioned and recorded in line with management timelines.
- Prevent production down time, accidents or injuries through planned preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of machinery during the shift, identifying potential safety risks and taking necessary actions to remove the hazard.
- Conduct risk assessment prior to any maintenance work and ensure conclusions are implemented prior to start of work, to remove both hazards to staff and meat product.
- Ensure equipment is handed back to production in 100% safe condition.
- Be aware of accident reports and near miss forms. Working with the managerial team promptly to implement solutions to prevent any re-occurrence.
- The management and observation of contractors working on site. Permits To Works to be completed wherever required.
- Attend training sessions or courses at the request of your engineering Manager.
- Liaise with production, technical, hygiene and management having a good team ethical approach at all times.
Skills & Experience
- Apprentice or time served
- Able to read electrical drawings
- Aware of electrical regulations
- Strong Mechanically
- Thermoforming Packaging Machines
- Variovac / Multivac
- Ice printers, Smart date, Markem
- Herma labellers or equivalent, high speed labelling machines
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic experience
- A good team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A systematic approach to problem solving/fault finding
- Electrical knowledge and fault finding
- Qualified to ONC/equivalent minimum in mechanical engineering
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in mechanical/electrical engineering
If you would like to know more about this excellent opportunity, including shift pattern, please get in touch or apply today with your CV.