Our client is one of the UK’s leading chilled food manufacturers. Based in the South Yorkshire area they are looking for an experienced Engineer who has experience of working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
Working as a member of the Engineering team you will be responsible for maintenance, repair and breakdowns ensuring that there is minimal downtime and that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will have relevant engineering competencies and have experience with Packing Machinery and associated equipment
- You will be responsible for the recording and logging of maintenance requests and fault repairs, attending breakdowns and repairing in a timely and controlled manner.
- Progress reporting to Engineering Management / Supervisor
- Carry out specific projects as required by the Engineering Management team
- Comply with health and safety and food safety legislation
- Liaise with the production team to ensure customer satisfaction is guaranteed
The ideal candidate will have completed an Engineering qualification or be a time served engineer and ideally have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in electrical installation and maintenance that includes relevant practical experience.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to take direction and challenge in a professional manner along with proven experience of planned maintenance systems, breakdown maintenance and installations and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
For more information on shift patterns and precise location please get in touch or apply today with your CV.