Our client is a leading organic food business organised across three divisions comprising farming and agriculture, packing and processing. Supplying into the most exclusive restaurants and to many of the UK’s leading supermarkets, and some of the biggest names in food manufacturing this is a great opportunity for you to become part of an amazing organisation who are leaders in their sector. Reporting into the Engineering Director, you will be responsible for carrying out both reactive and pre planned maintenance across a variety of machinery on site.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist team to work towards maximising plant and equipment efficiency so downtime is minimised.
- Ensure planned engineering tasks are delivered on time and in full.
- Ensure good repair / manufacturing practices and procedures are followed.
- Ensure completion of planned maintenance documents.
- Work closely with production staff to achieve daily targets.
- Contribute to cost reduction initiatives to drive efficiency and process improvements
- To be actively involved in suggestions and solutions to improve efficiency of plant and equipment at the site.
- Ensure that all equipment runs efficiently through reactive and proactive maintenance. Conduct PPM’s to a satisfactory standard as instructed by the engineering manager flagging and recording any faults found.
- To respond swiftly to any breakdown request and provide assistance to the process technicians where required
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Willing To Learn
- Team Player
- Excellent attitude and work ethic
Qualifications / Experience:
- Electro-Mechanical Apprenticeship, NVQ, BTEC Level 3 or similar
- Previous experience of working within a food manufacturing / FMCG/ production environment
- Fundamental understanding of Electrical Maintenance
- PPM and Breakdown experience
For more information on this exciting opportunity please get in touch or apply today with your CV.