Our client are a large food manufacturer with sites in West Yorkshire and Norfolk. They are currently seeking an experienced, customer focused National Account Executive to support a key retail account.
To provide effective, and efficient support to the key retail account, assisting in its profitable development.
- Provide commercial administrative support to the wider retail team
- Act as the liaison between the National account manager, the customer and factory operations.
- Ensuring that all relevant parties are aware of information relating to the account such as new lines, promotional activities, cost price changes and so on.
- Monitor and update any account related information and reporting to ensure that data is timely and relevant for use by the National account manager or buyer
- Manage the changes to areas such as packaging, artwork, and order patterns.
- Provide a customer facing role in the absence of the National account manager to deal with any queries or information transfer.
- To interact with site operations to ensure they are fully aware of account related details where required.
- Develop strong relationships with site teams (Operations, Technical, Purchasing, Planning & Transport)
- Any other duties as required by the National account manager or members of the team.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Good level of MS Excel understanding
- Accurate data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Strong communicator
- Embrace new tasks
- Driving license
- Internal contacts – strong relationship with the Sales, Category, NPD & site teams (Planning, Purchasing, Operations & Technical)
- External contacts – Retail buying & Supply Chain team;
- Flexibility required to travel between sites
- Part of rotational weekend cover
- Occasional trips to customers
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 or Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order SI 1978/1039:
- Take reasonable care for your own and other's health and safety while at work.
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
- Anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare must not be intentionally or recklessly interfered with or misused.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures, site rules and information and instruction given by your employer.
- To respect and honour the sentiment of the business’ ethical policies and codes of conduct, when interacting with your colleagues at all times.
- To work in an Environmental and Energy efficient manner and to respect and honour the sentiment of the business’ Environmental and Energy policies and Second Nature principles.
- To work in partnership with the Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.