Our client is a leading food manufacturer who have experienced sustained growth year on year, allowing them to invest back into the business. Reporting to the Head of Sales you will maintain and develop customer relationships in line with the business needs. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines. This is a role for an active manager, with total involvement in the business and will suit someone who has a motivational and inspirational approach. You will be looking to join a company where you can develop, implement, and maintain the standards expected by the company and customers.
- Having a proactive approach to developing effective joint business plans in assigned customer accounts that drive mutually profitable growth with full P&L responsibility.
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business opportunities to deliver incremental, profitable sales.
- Developing multi-level and cross functional relationships across the account portfolio with the ability to influence both externally and internally.
- Supporting the implementation of category initiatives, promotional activity, and price negotiation
- Achieve budgeted sales and margin targets
- To ensure effective sales analysis on relevant areas of responsibility and complete reports as required
- To continuously improve knowledge of the industry
- Develop key internal customer relationships - Commercial / NPD / Supply Chain / Marketing / Participate in S&OP
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of customer service to national accounts.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within the Food Industry with a proven track record of driving sales growth
- Experience of managing Top 4 retailers essential
- Experience in Own Brand and Branded product sales
- Willing to travel.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- You will be able to demonstrate financial and commercial acumen and strategic thinking with entrepreneurial flair.
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply today with your CV.