Our client, a large food manufacturer based in Norfolk, are currently seeking an experienced, customer focused National Account Manager to manage a key retail account.
To provide the effective, profitable, and progressive commercial management for a key retail account
Day to day responsibility for the profitable growth of a key retail account as well as the development of new business for this account.
This will involve working closely with the NPD, Purchasing & Planning, Technical, Operations & Transport departments.
This role will include managing the One Stop account and supporting the account controller on the day to day management of the account.
To provide day to day management of the retail account business and maximize profitable sales growth in the categories of responsibility.
- Maintain day to day running of the through effective management of daily orders & supply chain relationships
- Ensure forecast / demand plans are accurately updated & maintained including budget planning
- Monitor, maintain & create costings on an ongoing basis and identify opportunities for increased profit
- Drive the promotional plan for increased sales acknowledging market conditions & opportunities with the trading teams
- Deliver initiatives in line with key customer and our business strategy pillars through the teams
- Understand & interpret site financials versus budget and scrutinize P&L
- Maintain and administer open book costing model for respective areas
- Understand & drive supply chain strategy for respective areas
- Co-ordinate & input to the delivery of monthly, quarterly & annual review meetings
- Maintain regular contact with Buyers, NPD, Category, Technical and Supply teams to develop the key retail account relationship
- Drive NPD and EPD to increase profit and sales to both our business and the customer through all sell channels
- Create and deliver an effective Buy, Move, Sell plan for a key retail partner
- Optimise the quality of service, product, business growth and customer satisfaction wherever possible.
- To ensure customer KPI’s are maintained to their satisfaction given normal circumstances
- Strong awareness of key market, including utilisation, valuation & market conditions
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Chilled and retail experience required (Top 4)
- Sound understanding of the sales, marketing and NPD process
- Strong communication, interaction & negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Proactive and flexible in working approach
- PC competent in office suite
- Strong presentation skills
- Office based with some travel to other production sites within the UK and regular customer visits
- Some limited weekend telephone cover required
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 or Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order SI 1978/1039:
- Take reasonable care for your own and other's health and safety while at work;
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
- Anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare must not be intentionally or recklessly interfered with or misused.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures, site rules and information and instruction given by your employer.
- To respect and honour the sentiment of our business’ ethical policies and codes of conduct, when interacting with your colleagues at all times.
- To work in an Environmental and Energy efficient manner and to respect and honour the sentiment of the business’ Environmental and Energy policies and Second Nature principles.
- To work in partnership with the Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.