Our Client, a leading food manufacturer have an opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join their Senior Management team to provide leadership, motivate & inspire as well as help drive their business forwards.
- To lead the Operations and Hygiene functions.
- To provide inspirational Leadership across all functional departments and shifts.
- To enhance and deliver the site’s targeted KPI performance, paying particular attention to C.I, SIC, Labour Productivity and Labour Efficiency across all shifts.
- To inspire, coach and develop the existing operational management population.
- To drive people engagement across the operational population to keep people safe, engaged and focused on delivery against the site strategy.
- To work hand in hand with the Technical function to drive the technical agenda and KPIs on site.
- To work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure plan optimisation, plan attainment and Customer Service.
- As a key member of the site’s Senior Management Team, this position has a leading role in the building of a business plan which will deliver our vision alongside the site’s safety, quality, operational and financial targets.
- Reports to:
- Site Director
- Direct & indirect reports:
- 4 x Production Managers
- Hygiene Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead the continuous development of the Health, Safety and Environmental culture within the Operations population. Proactively drive H&S awareness and appropriate behaviours across all areas.
- To deliver products and services that meet internal and external food safety and customer standards. Ensure procedures are in place to identify non-conformances and corrective actions implemented when necessary. Quality and safety aspects to be the highest priority at all times.
- Ensuring all operations are carried out to spec and as efficiently as possible
- Driving continuous improvement of operational management systems, processes and practices
- Inspire, coach, guide and develop the operational management team to achieve their full potential.
- To work with the wider site management team to achieve the overall site strategy and objectives.
- To engender a culture based on the business values.
- To develop and drive a set of visual operational KPI’s delivering improvements in quality, performance and financial.
- Ensure communications are maintained within and across the shift teams ensuring well informed teams. Manage day-to-day information flow so that immediate issues are resolved as rapidly as possible and best practices shared amongst the wider operational population.
- To proactively engage with NPD and Process development to provide efficient and innovative solutions for new products.
- To work closely with Group Manufacturing Excellence to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Previous experience of leading manufacturing teams in a chilled environment
- Previous experience of being accountable for customer compliance
- The ability to plan and lead the management of initiatives in large business (preferably within a divisional/group)
- Experience of leading large, diverse teams in a fast-moving manufacturing environment
- A passion to motivate, coach and develop a team
- The ability to influence cross functional teams
- Proven ability to drive sustainable improvements
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills, the ability to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- HACCP Level 3 minimum
- Food Safety Level 3 minimum
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Green belt six sigma (not essential but would be advantageous)
CORE COMPETENCIES, ATTRIBUTES & BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS
- Values People
- Demonstrates the belief that people are our most important asset and central to the success of the organisation. Everybody should be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrates the understanding that the satisfaction of our internal and external customers is the foundation of our success
- Collaborative Team Working
- The willingness to act as part of a team and work towards achieving shared objectives through adopting best practice in line with PQP and Federalism.
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- The ability to change and adapt own behaviour or work procedures when there is a change in the work environment, for example as a result of changing customer needs.
- Initiative & taking ownership
- Steps up to take on personal responsibility and accountability for tasks and actions.
- People Management
- The ability to understand people and their motivations, build good relationships with them and help them unlock their potential.
- Empowering others
- Creates an environment where people feel required and enabled to take ownership and responsibility
- Coaching for Performance
- The ability to help others achieve more through two-way feedback, clear direction and enabling
- Analysis and Planning
- The ability to take a range of information, think things through logically and prioritise work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please get in touch or apply with your details today.