Our client is a well known chilled food manufacturer based in South Yorkshire who are looking for an inspirational Production Managers to drive operations excellence through the management and operations team using this to achieve lasting cultural change in the behaviours and standards within operations. Previous experience of working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment is essential along with food safety training including HACCP.
- Leadership of Health & Safety and well-being of staff (contract/agency/visitors), including the progress of operational risk assessments and safe systems identifying and reducing the prevalent hazards, with the areas of responsibility.
- Protection of the environment, securing the operations through adherence to the operational controls that are in place.
- Active visible felt Leadership of the operations in delivering the strategy
- Define the cultural changes that are required to achieve the standards in safety quality and hygiene, through influence of the team and the broader business ensure that this is integrated into the business culture.
- Robustly manage the behaviours within operations to drive compliance and adherence from the whole team
- Promote engineering reliability through use of toploss and SIC programs to ensure that the overall breakdown rate remains at no more than 5%. Support asset stewardship and autonomous maintenance through the tech op role and operations team
- Management of the operation to achieve the product quality and required attributes as define in the specifications. Delivery of the production plan at above 97% plan attainment and plan accuracy and service levels of 99.5% and above
- Proactive contribution to the S&OP process, in responding on reduction and removal of constraints to the demand profile.
- Design develop and implement a labour plan that meets budgeted expectations for planned volume including developing an effective management process for holidays.
Succesful candidates will have strong leadership abilities and the following experience:
- Budget control / P&L experience and cost centre reporting
- Development of an operational budget, based on bottom up
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence, across the organisation.
- Ability to interact with all levels external to the site, to build quality relationships that operate in a positive nature to the site.
For more information please get in touch or apply now with your CV.