The Production Planning Manager manages the day to day operational standards and governance of our production planning function. The Production planning Manager will set the standard within the function ensuring we create and maintain a valid Site Production Plan with the optimal balance between customer service and Site operating efficiency.
The Production Planning Manager interacts with the many key stakeholders across the site such as –
The planning team (Production planners, schedulers, administrators and material planners) – Managing the day to day creation, governance and execution of the site production plan making sure our plans are effective, efficient and optimise our supply to our customers and affiliates.
Responsible for providing expertise in planning processes, and SAP/APO functionality, to enable valid and optimal production plans to be created, maintained, and delivered.
- Day to day organization and management of the production planning function
- Training and development of the team
- Managing performance within the team and setting clear operating expectations
- Data provision of key KPI data setting clear expectations on statistical performance in the wider team
- Managing key stakeholder relationships such as Procurement, manufacturing, Commercial, Finance and MS&T supporting and being a valued contributor to all key functional meetings and touchpoints
- Managing all key interfaces/meeting with key working in a collaborative and supportive manner but also working with a data led, fact-based approach
- Escalating and proactively managing key challenges to functional leadership and senior site leadership doing this in a manner which provides solution and/or recommendation to improve
- With the Production Planner completing weekly review of customer demand and projected supply vs. Production Plan assumptions to continuously maintain a valid production plan in SAP/APO.
- With the Production Planners/Material Planners a daily review of Low Stock Report to identify Out of Stocks and agree mitigation plans
- With the Production planners/Material planners/Planning schedulers and Planning administrators a daily review of Low Stock Report to identify Out of Stocks and agree mitigation plans
- Understand the Site, and the production processes, so as to be able to identify the key bottlenecks working with other key stakeholders to create and provide the appropriate resolutions and recommendations
- Analyze Site OTIF (for make to order products) and Stock outs/Stock adherence (for make to stock products) KPI results. Lead Site teams to diagnose root causes and implement corrective actions so that target performance levels are consistently achieved.
- Measure Production Plan achievement (PPD) and Production plan stability (PPS)through the MRP2 process indicators. Use root cause analysis to identify systemic issues and lead resolution of the issues so that target performance levels are consistently achieved.
- Ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience as a Production Planner/Planning manager within FMCG, make to stock, manufacturing environments. APICS/ASCM CPIM and CSCP accreditations preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience with SAP MPS and MRP and APO PP/DS.
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end manufacturing site supply chain processes including demand management, S&OP, production planning, capacity planning, material planning and procurement, order fulfilment, master data and life-cycle management. Working knowledge of MRP2 is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, at all levels, in a manufacturing Site environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across boundaries (functional, cultural, language) and form effective working relationships with colleagues (e.g. global supply chain team).
- Customer focussed – obsessed with serving the customer in a cost-effective way.
- Demonstrated change management and process management experience is preferred: demonstrated usage of data to drive process improvements.
- Lean or continuous improvement background preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated capacity for developing talent, succession planning and driving improvement to process and ways of working
For more information please get in touch.