Our client is one of the UK’s leading chilled food manufacturers. Based in the Glasgow area they are looking for an experienced Quality Systems & Compliance Manager who has experience of working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
Accountable for the site Quality Systems and ensuring compliance to customer and legal requirements in relation to Food Safety, Integrity and Product Quality.
- Develop and maintain the Quality Management System ensuring adherence to Legal, Customer and Group compliance standards for food processing
- To ensure Food Safety and Quality Standards are at the forefront of operations in line with the company strategy
- To ensure the Technical Systems are established and effective and communicate gaps to the Technical Team and support operations to reach their full capabilities
- To be the data hub for the Technical team
- Cost saving initiatives
- Cost effective System Managing
- Right First Time Approach to ensure we are not duplicating work
- Inspiring Others
- Our people and team are what make us stand out
- Manage the Technical Administrator and ensure systems are in place for data analysis, trending and the communication of the data to inform the wider team
- Work cross functionally within the technical team to ensure they have the tools and knowledge to effectively do their job
- Empower Team to deliver against Technical Improvement Plan for the site
- Identify any potential gaps in systems and processes and assist the Site Technical Manager and wider Site Management Team to create improvement plans around this
- Ensure constructive communication across the Technical divisional teams across each shift
- Know the Purpose
- Customer Satisfaction needs to be at the heart of all our focus
- Point of contact on site for customer and standard compliance
- Building the relationship with the customer ensuring time effective communication
- Challenge the team in delivering what is best for the customer
- Have a working knowledge of the Customer Codes of Practice and specifications
- Working understanding of HACCP, Food Safety and Safe Product Design
- Ensure Customers expectations are met and Product Quality and Legality are at the forefront of the Teams mind
- Liaise with other departments and within our own department to ensure effective communication to deliver for our Customer
- Own It
- Legal and Compliance
- From Farm to Fork – ensuring Legal, customer and Business compliance is followed in everything we do
- Lead customer and third-party audits on site
- Keep abreast of industry standards as well as legislative requirements
- Ensure Team training is relevant to the need of the function regarding Legality and Compliance
- System development conducted with legislation and compliance at the forefront
- Challenge the current protocols to ensure legality and compliance is adhered to
- Constantly challenge to improve and bring the department to the next level
- Skill levels around Project and People Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Working with the wider Business Team
- Build inter departmental relationships to drive the Technical Systems on site
- Use contacts at other sites to create and promote best practice
- Liaise with external companies to ensure we have the most up-to-date information and best practice in the industry
- Carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested by the manager.
- To age and promote a positive Food Safety Culture within the site ensuring all requirements are met, regularly reviewed and action plans developed and implemented actively and effectively
- Liaise with the Senior Management Teams where required to ensure all teams are working towards the same goal
- Liaise with Business Group divisional teams where required
Behavioural Competency Requirements:
- Trust & Respect
- Everyone has a voice and is valued, treat people with dignity and respect and promote diversity & inclusion.
- Know the Purpose
- Understand the how & why to ensure all colleagues have sight of the bigger picture and contribute to business objectives.
- Own it
- Take responsibility for how we deliver our work and ensure we focus on solutions and make responsible decisions.
- Passion for Excellence
- Be your best self and always strive to be better or help others be better by championing continuous improvement.
- Inspire Others
- Be a role model by helping and inspiring others wherever possible and by leading by example.
To succeed in this role, you will be/have/display:
- Ability to engage and communicate clearly with confidence at various levels within the organization.
- Experience working directly with or for UK food retailers
- Ability to work effectively and in a highly productive manner as an individual or as part of a team in a factory based environment
- Experience of running internal auditing program within a food manufacturing site
- A level of flexibility to undertake site-based tasks that may fall outside standard office hours
- Ability to support individuals and/or teams to deliver an agreed output within clear timeframe and financial constraints
- A clear set of planning and organisational skills
- A self-motivated and self-starting individual that is naturally inquisitive with a constant drive to ‘seek out’ continuous improvement
- HACCP Level 4
- Food Safety Level 4
- BRC V9
- Lead Auditor
- Knowledge in working and application of the various Customer Codes of Practice
- Microsoft Packages
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.