Our client is one of the UK’s leading chilled food manufacturers. Based in the South Yorkshire area they are looking for an experienced Engineer who has experience of working within a fast paced food manufacturing environment. This role will suit an individual who is a confident and assertive communicator who is looking to progress in their career with a forward thinking business.
- Provide technical support with both electrical and mechanical equipment within the business focusing on correction, prevention and elimination of any problems in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the business needs and targets are always met and the the factory runs smoothly
- Provide effective electrical/ mechanical engineering support and carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulics duties.
- Research and deliver continuous improvement projects in line with business strategy.
- To adhere to SOPs and carry out all tasks to the best of your ability.
- Ensure that the root cause of failures are found and corrective actions are completed in a timely fashion and logged on the system to prevent reoccurrence.
- Supervising and liaising with multiple contractor groups and stakeholders to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Attend meetings when required by the manager.
- Be a role model on risk reduction and compliance for your colleagues
- Help others to set and maintain high standards within the business using your own initiative to plan and co-ordinate work for others
Knowledge & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have completed an Engineering qualification or be a time served engineer
- Experience of working within a FMCG environment is favourable for this role to enable the successful candidate to hit the ground running.
- You will be a confident communicator who has experience of leading projects and installs
For more information regarding shift patterns and precise location please get in touch or apply today with your CV.