We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Technologist to join a leading Food Manufacturer in the Southwest area.
The business offers progression opportunities, a competitive rewards package including pension and a variety of flexible benefits.
- Support across multiple customers and product categories with responsibility for developing manufacturing capability to enable the business to deliver volume from product concepts.
- Work across all functions and support the customer to produce product in line with food safety and technical standards, H&S, Financial and Commercial expectations.
- Manage the delivery of successful product validations in accordance with business and customer principles in a fast paced challenging environment in line with company requirements and opportunities.
- Effective team management - manage and develop the team through PDPs and their personal objectives.
- Scope projects and implement KPIs - supporting with innovation and improvement plans.
- Work cross-functionally across all departments to deliver the launch of successful products, achieve project timescales – influencing and managing expectations.
- Manage trials in line with critical paths, supporting with problem solving and ensuring resolution.
- Manage taste panels in readiness for customer approval, ensuring compliance with customer expectations.
- Manage all aspects of critical path - establishing a 3 to 6 month plan, defining trial programme against the critical path to successfully launch products against timelines.
- Have an understanding of how amendments to process have impact on cost and ensure proactive communication regarding changes.
- Manage budget and budget objectives with awareness of margins etc.
- Drive problem solving / root cause analysis to develop and improve products.
- Ensure site is audit ready at all times.
- Support with continuous improvement.
SKILLS / BEHAVIOURS
- Exposure to customer trials and critical path management.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Operational experience within Process, Technical, Development or Operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop relationships.
- Cross-functional influencing skills with a collaborative approach to delivery.
- Ability to problem solve and drive root cause analysis
- Efficient Project and Management skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Able to develop and coach team members.
- Ideally possess Food Safety Level 3, HACCP Level 2
For more information on this exciting opportunity please get in touch or apply today with your CV.