Our client are looking to recruit an experienced SHE Manager for their site in South Lincolnshire. They employ over 700 people and specialise in making chilled Italian ready meals and modern deli products for a dedicated customer.
They are proud to offer a career with possibilities. To encourage you to work hard, aim high and bring your best to work, every day. To know that as a valued SHE Manager they’ll support your ambition, reward your resilience and encourage you to create a career you can be proud of too.
A big focus of the role is driving a culture of Health and Safety on site and behavioural changes.
Site SHE Manager Responsibilities
- Be part of the Senior Leadership team to design and drive a culture of continuous improvement through the effective engagement of the workforce with a particular focus on Health & Safety and best environmental practice.
- Create and execute a behavioural safety programme through mentoring, coaching and supporting the front line teams
- Devise and implement site SHE strategies (in line with the overall site strategy) to enable the delivery of a proactive SHE culture across the entire site, providing a valuable competitive edge to the business through the behaviour of its people.
- Manage and lead the SHE Advisor to ensure effective performance.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment legal requirements, policies, standards, procedures are interpreted, communicated, documented and systems exist to ensure the Business Unit is compliant with current legislation and company policy regarding SHE.
- Develop, implement, maintain, communicate and continuously improve the Health, Safety and Environment management system for the business, ensuring that all relevant paperwork and reports are completed and issued to relevant parties as required.
- Design, implement, monitor and report site SHE performance, analyse trends and develop actions plans to deliver site targets regarding SHE.
- Identification and coordination of SHE training and development for managers, enabling effective management of SHE in every respect and ensuring that key personnel involved in Health & Safety activities are competent to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance / advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities / loss adjusters and that any communications are reported to the Head of Operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma level NEBOSH H&S and Environmental qualification or equivalent.
- Leadership experience working for an organisation with a large number of employees
- Experience in a Health & Safety role
- Passionate about SHE and ability to influence at a senior level and champion change / implementation at all levels.
- Strong communication skills both in terms of verbal / presentation skills and written documentation and a team player.
- Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem solving skills / personal judgement as well as policy adherence in order to make optimum business decisions.
- Salary £55,000 – £65,000
- Car allowance £8,400
- Private Healthcare for family
- Monday to Friday 8.30 to 17.00
Our client are proud to deliver outstanding quality, service, and value to their customers. They're proud to be the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, they’re proud of the hard work, quality focus and loyalty of their people. Join their team and they’ll make you proud too.
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch or apply with your CV today.