Our Client is a large pet food manufacturer based in East Yorkshire. They are looking for two experienced Engineers to work on a shift basis for their Production Facility.
To deliver the Asset Care plan & provide a World Class engineering support to the Site.
Includes - assisting the engineering management team in complying with all H&S responsibilities, legal compliance, delivering efficiencies, continuous improvements and maintenance management in respect of product streams, services, buildings and all other ancillary equipment.
Dimensions of Job
To work as part of a self organizing departmental team, and supply engineering support to the whole site. Flexibility of skills is essential to ensure that the main areas within the site operations, packaging, Distribution, utilities and building services are maintained to maximize our assets. The role requires that continuous improvement is actively pursued to achieve World Class standards in Asset Care, and H&S is at the heart of everything we do.
Key Performance indicators:
- Identification & closure of hazard/near miss incidents
- Plant performance
- Planned maintenance compliance
- Continuous improvement compliance
- Departmental budget compliance
- Achieve/exceed Individual appraisal targets
- Achieve/exceed personal development goals
Method of Performance Measurement
- Performance achieved based on personal objectives set
- All Departmental A/C KPI’s
- CI/Project work delivery – on time, in budget, fit for purpose.
Experience and Qualifications
Essential technical requirements for job at a competent level of performance
- Experience in H&S legislation best practice within engineering.
- Competent in the use and issue of permit to work systems and Isolation procedures.
- Experience of Environmental and Energy awareness.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship (or equivalent).
- Min 5 years experience in a production maintenance environment with a Multi-skill bias.
- Experience in Repair, Maintenance, Testing and Installation of equipment.
- Experience of working on 3 phase Electrical systems up to and including 415v (Electrical bias only)
- City and Guilds electrical/mechanical ONC/B-TEC (Or equivalent).
- Systems literate - PC, Office suite, Computerised maintenance system etc.
- Demonstrable evidence of continuous improvement initiatives.
- A good level of knowledge, and practical experience in motors, inverters, electro-pneumatics, drives/gearboxes, pumps & seals, conveyor systems, palletisers, services etc.
Desirable technical requirements for job at a competent level of performance
- Formal EH&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH)
- HNC (or equivalent).
- PLC control experience to a fault finding level
- Experience in blending, mixing, extrusion processes
- A high level of knowledge, and practical experience in instrumentation loops, calibration techniques & control systems.
- Demonstrable evidence of World class manufacturing techniques: 5S, SMED, Root Cause Analysis etc.
Please get in touch for more information or apply today with your CV.