Our Client is a leading chilled food manufacturer in Scotland who are looking for a Site General Manager. This is an excellent opportunity as the site has huge potential to grow and they are looking for an ambitious, innovative leader of people to realise its potential.
Reporting directly to the Retail Operations Director, the Site General Manager will have operational P&L responsibility for all the retail operations covering service levels, manufacturing, engineering, NPD, quality, safety, planning, technical, innovation and all performance improvement functions in a 24/7 environment.
Delivering our commitments to our customers through market leading service levels, a laser focus on quality balanced with an appreciation and firm grasp of yields, costs and control of the factory processes. Leading out site objectives through motivating the operational team to deliver whilst also focusing on the next steps on innovation, OEE and doing things right.
You will lead a 250 plus workforce with 8-10 direct reports to achieve and exceed company goals, supporting the development and delivery of the business plan for the site in line with the overall operations and business strategy and values.
Retail Operations Manager
Retail Technical Manager
To succeed in this role you will be/have/display:
• You will lead, motivate, coach and develop the operational unit and wider teams to achieve the goals and targets set
• Utilise staff and equipment in a manner which will maximize the production of a quality product in a safe environment
• Ensure all legal and legislative requirements are adhered to and up to date,
• Manage and control departmental costs effectively to include energy use, water usage, effluent cost and all other aspects of the overhead spend
• Maintain high standards of personnel welfare to include training, and health and safety practices
• Maintain and motivate an engaged workforce, overseeing the annual performance management process for all colleagues
• You will support the development and delivery of the business plan for the site in line with the overall operations and business strategy and values.
• Keep up to date with industry developments in manufacturing and distribution and introduce innovatory changes to ensure that the site and region constantly improves.
• The successful applicant will have knowledge and experience of management of a Food Manufacturing facility preferably Chilled High Care/Risk foods.
• You must have operated at a Factory, Operational or General Management level as a minimum, this is essential.
• Must have experience of working to BRC standards.
• Significant experience at Senior Manager level with significant leadership and people management experience.
• Be a natural leader, analytical thinker, have resource-management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Have excellent customer facing interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
Values & Behaviours:
- Trust & Respect
- Everyone has a voice and is valued, treat people with dignity and respect and promote diversity & inclusion.
- Know the Purpose
- Understand the how & why to ensure all colleagues have sight of the bigger picture and contribute to business objectives.
- Own it
- Take responsibility for how we deliver our work and ensure we focus on solutions and make responsible decisions.
- Passion for Excellence
- Be your best self and always strive to be better or help others be better by championing continuous improvement.
- Inspire Others
- Be a role model by helping and inspiring others wherever possible and by leading by example.
If you have worked within a fast-paced chilled environment previously, have drive and ambition please get in contact now, if you currently live outside Scotland don't let that put you off as my client will support relocation.
For more information please get in touch or apply today with your CV.