Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Sustainability Coordinator to carry out an implant role within a large retailer based in West London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking business.
The role of the Supply Chain Sustainability Co-ordinator is to be responsible for the ongoing development and horizon scanning of sustainability in supplier management and identifying supply chain impact of new sustainability legislation.
The role contributes to the business success of the global sustainability goals from a Supply Chain focus by supporting the monitoring and improvement of the supply chain. Being a key contact for external UK engagement with suppliers, sustainability roundtables and other business supply chain markets. Models and acts in accordance with guiding principles.
- Coordination of the sustainability strategy and targets for the Supply Chain Operations Team.
- Support the development and execution of a sustainable sourcing strategy to embed environmental sustainability into the culture of Supply Chain Operations Team.
- The point of contact for sustainability/programme supplier engagement activities.
- Assistance to teams on implementation of group sustainability targets
- Assist with the integration of tools and processes to assess suppliers' performance against Responsible Sourcing Principles and Environmental Commitments.
- Engage with key suppliers on their environmental impacts, establish sustainability metrics and monitor progress.
- Engage with key contacts in teams outside of UK to promote a collaborative sustainability culture.
- Develop and implement sustainable improvement programs in UK Sourcing Team.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all interfaces with internal and external stakeholders on the topic of Environmental Sustainability in the Supply Chain Operations.
- Track and report all supply chain projects that align with environmental sustainability outcomes for internal and external stakeholder reporting.
- Contribute to Environmental Sustainability reporting and communication efforts for Sourcing.
- Ensure continuous improvement by regularly monitoring emerging environmental sustainability trends, programs and issues
There are currently no direct reports associated with this role however, it will require a high level of interaction with various cross functional teams and other regions.
The Ideal Candidate
We believe that success is built upon collaboration and diverse perspectives. Our client welcomes candidates who are passionate about working together to achieve greatness. As a valued member of their team, you will bring the following skills and experience: -
- 1 years’ experience, preferably in the food and beverage industry.
- Strong team player, able to work on own and use initiative to find solutions.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the business.
- A passion for sustainability and a strong desire to make an impact.
- Excellent administration and coordination skills.
- Highly proactive and process driven.
- Ability to analyse information in a structured manner and prepare coherent communication, both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail and excellent organisational skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
Days of work:
Please get in touch for more information or apply today with your CV.